Jharkhand Agriculture Minister launches Krishak Pathshala
- Integrated Birsa Village Development Scheme, Krishak Pathshala was started in the State by Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Cooperative Minister recently.
- It will be in two parts, in the first part, one agricultural field in each district of the State will be integrated into various aspects of agriculture like advanced farming techniques, off-season cultivation of horticultural crops.
- Krishak Pathshala will be establishedby developing an improved system of animal husbandry, fisheries and irrigation.
Ranchi man gifts land on the moon to mother
- A 33-year-old Ranchi man has gifted a plot of land on the moon to his mother as a memorable gesture of affection, making her the first ever Jharkhand resident to own a lunar property.
- Sumit Sinha, an entrepreneur who scripted a story of rags to riches with his wedding planning company, and is now the only Jharkhand resident to have purchased one acre of land at Mare Moscoviense or the Sea of Muscovy on the moon, where late Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput also owned a plot of land.
- Rita Sinha, the owner of the lunar property, was on top of the world when her son gifted her a piece of land on the moon.
- The owners of land on the moon also get complimentary lifetime membership of Luna Society International.
Delta variant of coronavirus most prevalent in worst-hit J’khand districts
- The Delta strain of coronavirus — a mutated variant of concern with high transmissibility and ability to trigger aggravated life-threatening symptoms in patients — was found to be the most prevalent mutant strain ofcoronavirus in five of the worst Covid-hit Jharkhand districts during random sampling done from April 1 to June 9.
Jharkhand gets over 2.7 cr IFA tablets
- The State has received over 2.7 crore Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) tablets from the Centre which would be administered to children in the age bracket of 5-10 years.
- It aims to improve the health of anaemic children, who according to researchers, might show severer symptoms of Covid-19.
- In Jharkhand, around 70 per cent of children in the age bracket of 6-59 months, 62.6 per cent of pregnant women and 65.2 per cent of women in the reproductive age are anaemic.
Hockey players Nikki Pradhan, Salima Tete selected for Olympics
- It is a proud moment for Jharkhand for the first time in the history of the State; two girls have been selected for Tokyo Olympics-2121.
- Nikki Pradhan from Khunti and Salima Tete from Simdega have been selected in the Indian Olympic Women’s hockey team.
- Tete is from Badki Chhapar village under Sadar block of Simdega district.
- Nikki Pradhan is from Hesal village under Murhu block of Khunti district.
Jamshedpur’s Saroni shines at Australian Fashion Week
- City-born Australian actor Saroni Roy joined the AFTERPAY Australian Fashion Week 2021 (AAFW 2021) Resort 22 Collections held at Carriageworks,
- Sydney, promoting South Asian presence at Australian fashion industry’s biggest event.
- As Miss India Australia Goodwill Ambassador and a body-positive advocate, Saroni is the first Indian-origin brand ambassador for world’s leading body-confidence brand for women, Nancy Ganz.
‘Lights, camera, action’ for Jamshedpur girlShivani Modi
- Jamshedpur-born film director Shivani Modi is a rare example, who is inspiring young girls to chase dreams.
- Her first film as a director and screenwriter was ‘Tasavvur’, which was shot in Jamshedpur.
- This short film was an official selection for the 11th Dadasaheb Phalke Film Festival, 10th Shorts Mumbai International Film Festival, and more.
- It was also the semi-finalist for Jaipur Film World 2021. Tasavvur has won two awards from the CWIFF and Buddha International Film Festival.
- Her second short film Faasley, was a lockdown production which was shot by actors in their homes all over Sydney, Delhi, Jamshedpur and Bhubaneswar and edited and compiled in Sydney. It has received the Best Indian Short Film award by Uruvatti International Film Festival.
Sakhi Mandal Didis run Save Forest campaign in W Singhbhum
- Women of Sakhi Mandal of Jharbeda Panchayat of Anandpur in West Singhbhum district have started a unique effort to save forest and forest trees from being cut down.
- Through this effort started by rural women from April 2021, awareness about environmental protection is increasing among the villagers.
- The main objective of the Save the Jungle campaign is to save the forests and protect the environment, which has been started by the sisters of Sakhi Mandal.
J’khand ranked no 1 in Ganga Quest 2021
- The youth of Jharkhand has raised the flag in Ganga Quest 2021, organised online by the National Mission for Clean Ganga under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Central Government.
- In this online competition held between April 7 and May 30 this year, where a total of more than 11 lakh participants from more than 113 countries of the world took part in this competition, out of which 1,10,111 participants were from Jharkhand.
- In the competition questions were asked based on river Ganga.
State to launch maiden pneumonia immunisation prog for infants
- The State Government will launch its maiden immunisation programme against pneumonia for infants in the second week of June for which over 77,000 doses of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) have been supplied to all the 24 districts.
- PCV will be a part of the Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) in Jharkhand under which infants in the age bracket of 45 days to nine months will be vaccinated, a statement from the health department said.
- This is the first time that Jharkhand will run an immunisation programme against pneumonia for children.
- The vaccine will be administered to children at the age of 45 days, three and a half months and nine months.
Sonu Sood’s Gift to Struggling Jharkhand Shooter: A German Rifle
- Mr Sood and his charity recently helped a struggling shooter from Jharkhand buy an imported rifle.
- The actor got to know about Konica Layak.
- Konica Layak, who hails from Dhanbad, had been relying on rifles borrowed from her coach or her friends, despite qualifying for nationals twice.
Meri Ranchi Meri Jimmedari Abhiyan Jharkhand
- ‘Meri Ranchi meri, Meri jimmedari” campaign will be started in the city byRanchi Municipal corporation in collaboration with CISF.
- It’s a five-year plan during which different types of plants will be planted.
Dr. Rajni Sharma Chanda gets Pride Woman of India Award
- Dr Rajni Sharma was conferred Pride woman Of India Samman in Lucknow for her contribution in the field of education in medical science and literature.
Jharkhand’s Bokaro to get international cricket stadium, JSCA inks MoU with SAIL BSL
- Recently, Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) signed a lease agreement with SAIL Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) for the construction of Jharkhand’s third International Cricket Stadium.
- Bokaro will become third city in Jharkhand after Jamshedpur and Ranchi to feature in international cricket map once the stadium is ready.
Ranchi gets Smart City Leadership Award 2020 for Better Work
- Ranchi has receivedSmart City Leadership Award 2020 for its better work efficiency, financial management and utility.
- It is worth mentioning that at present Ranchi is ranked 11th out of 100 cities in the country in the implementation of the schemes.