Oxygen plant soon to be set up in Garhwa
- In the midst of the second wave of the Corona pandemic, there is good news for the Garhwa district that the process of setting up an oxygen plant at the district headquarters has been started.
- As of now the government is meeting the oxygen demand of hospitals from plants of other states.
- Starting this in Garhwa district, a machine has been reached to set up an oxygen plant.
- If all goes well, the Garhwa district will soon become self-sufficient in terms of oxygen.
Awareness campaign on Earth Day
- On the occasion of Earth Day, the Center for Environment and Energy Development (SEED) organized an awareness campaign involving a ‘garbage-free city and society’ in Ranchi for a cleaner environment and a safer earth.
- During this, online activities were conducted for a week.
- The event was organized through Facebook Live.
- The state government has taken several steps related to this. For pollution control, the use of bags made of plastics of less than 50 microns thickness is prohibited.
Industries come to rescue oxygen-deprived patients
- Industries in Jharkhand have come to the rescue of several oxygen-deprived Covid patients across India amid an acute crisis of Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) reported from many high-positivity states in the country.
- In the month of April, Tata Steel and Bokaro Steel Limited – two of the steel giants in the tribal state – have supplied more than 5000 metric tonnes of liquid oxygen to high Covid-positivity states like Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
- The Bokaro Steel Plant has also supplied more than 1200 metric tonnes of oxygen to different states in the month of April.
Suicide prevention centre “Jeevan” becomes active in Jharkhand
- Amidst on going rising stress due to the spread of Covid-19, Dr Mahavir Ram, founder, suicide prevention centre Jeevan has said that Befriending is one way by which they can be supported to get more fully involved.
- ‘Befrienders Worldwide’ is an international organisation with its office in England which works in the field of stressed, depression or suicide prevention.
- Jeevan’ suicide prevention centre, Jamshedpur is a unit of Befrienders Worldwide and is working for this important cause, since 2007.
Nitish Chachra: An engineer by profession, musician by choice
- City-born Jamshedpur musician Nitish Chachra’s latest album ‘Desify’ is on the top of iTunes India Charts second time in a row.
- Under record label Namma Music, the album has been made in collaboration with famous Bollywood music director Sandeep Chowta.
City girl releases book ‘Flavours of Feelings’
- Jamshedpur born City girl, Aparajita Apra has penned a book of poetry based on her experiences during the lockdown.
- She has published a book titled ‘ Flavours of Feelings’.
- The book has been published by Notion Press.
- The book is a collection of poems, which is a narrative story telling set in different timeline and situations.
- Her next book ‘Shades of life’ is also in the pipeline.
- The book is a subtle reflection of emotions and feelings venturing human relationships and feelings keeping the readers interested.
DPS Bokaro students excel in International Olympiad
- Six students of DPS Bokaro brought laurels to their alma mater by securing the top Ranks in the recently conducted International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO)- 2020-21.
- Aarifah Fatma and Shray Kashyap of Class III; Aryendra Tripathi and Aaradhya Singh of Class IV bagged the International Rank 1 while Ariba Uzma of Class IV and Krrish Chanchal of Class X got the International Rank 3.
- The IGKO (International General Knowledge Olympiad) conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) endeavors to develop an interest in General Knowledge and current affairs.
- The SOF IGKO is conducted for the students of classes 1 to 10.
Animal exchange Programme in Jharkhand
- Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park (JNB), popularly known as Bokaro Zoo, has welcomed three new inmates from Bhagwan Birsa Biological Park, Ranchi, as a part of the animal exchange programme of the Central Zoo Authority (CZA).
- The new inmates include a male Himalayan bear and a pair of Porcupine that arrived at the biological park from Lord Birsa Biological Park at Ranchi late in the evening of 7 April.
- this zoo was set up on 14 January 1989 and spread over 127 acres of land.
IIAB holds International Symposium on Plant Biotechnology
- ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology (IIAB), Garhkhatanga, Ranchi has successfully organized International Symposium on Advances in Plant Biotechnology and Genome Editing (APBGE-2021), held virtually.
- More than 450 delegates from 11 different countries participated in the three-day Symposium (Apr 8-10)
- The symposium extensively covered recent advances in plant tissue culture, system biology and biotechnology in plant sciences with focus on plant stress induced by impending climate changes.
BAU’s herbal product ‘JharkhandiCharigorwa’ gets patent
- Birsa Agricultural University (BAU) has been granted patent on its herbal formulation useful for management and treatment of several ailments by Indian Patent Office, Kolkata.
- The formulation developed by Dr Kaushal Kumar, scientist of Department of Forest Product and Utilisation will be released under the brand name ‘BAU Birsin’ for commercial production to drug industry.
- The formulation has been prepared with the leaves and bark of moderate size tree Vitex peduncularis (popular name Charigorwa) found in abundance in rural areas of tribal and hilly regions of the country, including Jharkhand.
CM nod to 100 MW floating solar plant at Getalsud Dam
- Floating solar plants are to be set up on the water reservoirs located in the State.
- Under this, Chief Minister, Hemant Soren has approved the proposal of the Energy Department to set up a 100 MW capacity floating solar plant in the Geltasud reservoir of Ranchi in the first phase.
- With the installation of floating solar plants on the reservoirs, the availability of electricity will be ensured and will also help in water conservation.
Eastern India’s 1st old-age home for retired soldiers opens in Gumla
- Governor of Jharkhand DroupadiMurmurecently inaugurated ‘Vanprasth Ashram’ set up in Manjhatoli (Gumla) by the Soldiers Welfare Board (SWB).
- It is the first old-age home for retired soldiers in eastern India.
SupreetiKachhap of Jharkhand won Gold in 55th Cross Country
- SupreetiKachhap of Jharkhand won gold in under-18 category (Girls) in the 55th cross country championship.
- She is a native of Gumla district.
- The 55th Cross Country was organised in Chandigarh.
Second model blind school opened in Giridih
- After Ranchi, the second model blind has been opened in Giridih district of Jharkhand.
- The first such school was opened in Ranchi.