District Hospital Bokaro gets NLC tag
- District Hospital Bokaro has received national certification in the national level target evaluation to strengthen the Labour Room and Maternity OT of the hospitals across the country.
- Assessment had been done at two levels, first on the state level and the next on the national level by MOHFW and NHSRC teams.
- For the year 2020-21, two health institutions of the state have received National Target Certification – District Hospital (DH) Bokaro and District Hospital Khunti.
XLRI holds Entrepreneurship Summit – XES ‘21’
- The Entrepreneurship Cell at XLRI organized Entrepreneurship Summit (XES), providing immense opportunities to countless entrepreneurs.
- XES held from 26th to 28th February, hosted a multitude of events like Disrupt Business Plan, Emerging Entrepreneurs for kids, E-Cafe speaker series, Internfair, Workshops and more.
- The Entrepreneurship Cell at XLRI is a decade old institution that engages with startups across the country.
- It also provides access to experienced mentors to young entrepreneurs and is home to XCEED, XLRI’s incubation centre.
Economic Survey estimates 9.5% GSDP growth in FY 2021-22
- The Jharkhand Economic Survey tabled by the Government in the State Legislative Assembly estimated 9.5 per cent GSDP growth in the Financial Year 2021-22 over the GSDP of 2020-21, while it stated that the average annual growth rate of the State economy was just 4.8 per cent between the period 2014-15 and 2018-19.
- The survey report prepared by the Centre for Fiscal Studies, Planning cum Finance department, Government of Jharkhand further stated that the economy of Jharkhand grew by 7.3 per cent per annum during the financial year 2011-12 and 2014-15, but the growth rate took a nosedive and fell to 4.8 per cent during the financial years 2014-115 and 2018-19.
- The Gross State Domestic Product (NSDP) of Jharkhand is estimated to be Rs 2,44,805 crore at current prices and Rs 2,23,566 crore at constant prices in the year 2020-21.
- The per capita income (per capita NSDP) is estimated to be Rs 79,873 at current prices and Rs 57,863 at constant prices in the year 2019-20.
- The GSDP of Jharkhand at constant (2011-12) prices was Rs 1,50,918 crore in the year 2011-12.
- It grew at an average annual rate (CAGR) of 7.3 per cent per annum between 2011-12 and 2014-15 and 4.8 per cent between the years 2014-15 and 2018-19. It is estimated to have grown by 6.7 per cent in the year 2019-20 (Pr.) and has become Rs 2,40,036 crore.
Farmers’ fair, Agrotech –2021, kicks off at BAU
- The three-day eastern region regional Agrotech, 2021Mela began at Birsa Agricultural University (BAU)
- Central theme of the 3-day event was ‘Rural prosperity through diversification of agricultural enterprises.
TSAF joins hands with FIT India to launch Himalayan Expedition
- Tata Steel Adventure Foundation (TSAF) has organized a unique expedition titled FIT@50+ Women’s Trans Himalayan Expedition ’21 in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India, under the FIT India banner.
- The expedition will be led by Bachendri Pal, a recipient of Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri, legendary mountaineer and the first Indian woman to scale Mt. Everest, and will have participants aged 50 and above from across India.
- The five-month long expedition involves traversing the Himalaya from Arunachal to Karakoram range (East to West) covering around 4,500 kms and crossing about 40 mountain passes.
Jharkhand inches closer to witness Blue Revolution
- Increasingly, farmers in Jharkhand are taking up the profession of fish farming and earning a better income for themselves.
- The Government of Jharkhand is promoting this practice and is directing special attention for its further development in the State.
- In addition to public ponds, fish farming is being practiced in the privately owned ponds as well.
- With the goal of making Jharkhand leading producers of fish in the country, the state government has set the target of producing 2.65 lakh metric tonnes of fish during the 2021-22 financial year.
Tata Steel plant recognised as 4th Industrial Revolution Lighthouse
- Tata Steel’s Jamshedpur steel plant has been recognized as the World Economic Forum’s Advanced 4th Industrial Revolution Lighthouse.
- With this new milestone, Tata Steel is the one of the few enterprises with three manufacturing sites in the Global Lighthouse network, with Kalinganagar Plant (India) and IJmuiden (the Netherlands) being the other two sites.
- The World Economic Forum’s shaping the future of advanced manufacturing and production has set up the Global Lighthouse Network to bridge the gap between the manufacturing units that have adopted the Fourth Industrial Revolution Technologies and those who are yet to embrace it.
Tata Zoological Park exchanges animals with Vadodara Zoo
- Tata Steel Zoological Park, Jamshedpur, is donating 11 Hog-deers and 10 Black Bucks to Sri Siyajibaug Zoo, Vadodara, Gujarat as part of an animal exchange programme.
- The Vadodara-based zoo authorities presented two pairs of Pheasants namely – Ring-Necked Pheasant and Silver Pheasant to the Tata Steel Zoological Park officials.
- The acquisition/transfer of animals by the Zoo has been legitimated under section 38I of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, which has further been approved by the Central Zoo Authority (CZA).
- Tata Steel Zoological Park has donated the herbivores on account of the surplus at the zoo, thereby keeping the core population intact.
- The Pheasants presented by the Sri Siyajibaug Zoo has remarkably enhanced the Pheasantry of the Tata Steel Zoological Park.
- The Zoo is nestled inside the Jubilee Park and has two wetlands on either side, the Subarnarekha River in its north and Jayanti Sarovar in south.
- The zoo is spread over an area of 40 hectares with beautifully landscaped gardens interspersed with small forest patches.
- The foundation stone of Tata Zoo was laid in 1990 and its gates were opened for visitors on March, 3 1994.
- The zoo houses 439 animals which include 19 species of mammals, 29 species of birds and four species of reptiles.
- The zoo has many firsts to its name-it was the first zoo in India to possess purebred African Lions and Mandrills.
- It is the only zoo in the region to have a Butterfly Park. It is a medium category zoo recognized by the Central Zoo Authority.
Govt readies to start SAAMAR project
- The State government is committed to alleviation anaemia and malnutrition from the State.
- With this Objective the government is soon going to launch a Strategic Action for Alleviation of Malnutrition and Anaemia Reduction (SAAMAR) project.
- A 1000 days special mission programme to be launched soon in the State.
- In the first phase, the programme will be launched in the five districts, later to be rolled out to all 34,800 Anganwadi Centres across the State.
Jharkhand Approves to reserve 75% Private Job for Locals
- Jharkhand is set to become the second state in the country to pass a law that requires private companies to reserve 75% for the local youth.
- The bill proposing 75% reservation in private sector jobs up to a salary of Rs 30,000 per month for the people of the state was approved by the Jharkhand Cabinet.
- The quota will initially apply for 10 years, according to the Bill.
- The Bill covers private companies, societies, trusts and partnership firms in the state.
- It defines local candidates as those domiciled in the state.
- For the domicile status, a person should be born in Haryana or have lived there for at least 15 years.
1st outcome-based budget in Jharkhand
- The Jharkhand government for the first time presented an outcome-based budget on Wednesday, in which departments have been given specific targets and responsibilities, the results of which will be measured by the end of next financial year.
- Finance Minister Rameshwar Oroan made the announcement during his speech after tabling the Rs 91, 277 crore Budget for 2021-22, an increase from Rs 86, 370 crores in the current fiscal.
- The government said that in 2021-22, the fiscal deficit is estimated to be Rs 10, 210.87 crore, which will be 2.83 per cent of the estimated state GDP.